Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No More Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed


Or the trampoline....just kidding. Actually this didn't even happen while jumping. Nathan and Megan were playing on the trampoline yesterday. I was walking by just as the "incident" was happening. Nathan was laying on the tramp leaning over the edge (Megan said he was trying to look under the trampoline). He must have gone a little too far and lost his balance and fell. I went out to console him and was patting his head when I noticed I had blood on my hand. I looked at the back of his head and he had a good little gash. For a head wound it hardly bled at all. I rinsed it off so I could see how deep it was. It was pretty deep and a couple inches long. I called Sean and we piled into the car and went to meet him at the Urgent Care. Nathan cried when it first happened, and then even more when he realized there was blood (HE HE HE - my kids really don't like blood), and then when I said we needed to go to the doctor. He immediately started freaking out and said, "do I need a shot?" After I reassured him that they were just going to do something to stick his owie together he was okay again. He was happy the whole way there and during the entire wait. Sean waited with Nathan while I took the rest of the kids home (it was supposed to be a 2 and a half to 3 hour wait in a room full of sick kids - there was no way I was keeping all the kids there for that long). They actually only waited maybe an hour and 45 minutes, and once they got taken back it went pretty quick. The nurse gave him some topical medicine to numb his head and the doctor gave him three staples (right over his hair - I was thinking they might have to shave his head or something, but they put the staples right over it). Sean took him out for ice cream after (Sean tried to console him with promises of ice cream during the ordeal, and Nathan quickly reminded him of that when they got in the car). He came home and told me all about it and then crashed in his bed (it was instantaneous - head hit pillow and he was out). And he was back on the trampoline this morning.
Caelan and Ben were so tender about it yesterday. They get worried whenever they see bloody injuries like that. There was one point when Nathan was crying, Austin was crying because I had to put him down to take care of Nathan, and Caelan and Ben were crying because they were worried about Nathan. I reassured them that it wasn't too bad - we just needed to go get it sealed together, and they said a prayer for him (all on their own - I love that they do that),and then they were fine.



Adventures of a Monday afternoon!

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm so glad he's okay. I'm sure the ice cream made it all better. HUGS!

Jenny said...

ouch I'm sorry nathan got hurt, but that was really sweet reading about how tender your other kids were being. You have such sweet children.