Friday, March 2, 2012

The Blanket Incident

I smelled an odd burning smell this morning in the house. At first I wondered if it was the space heater that I brought in from the garage to warm up the living room (I thought maybe it had some dust on it that was causing the smell), but at one point I started checking all our baseboard heaters because it just wasn't going away. Then I came into the living room and found some fabric stuck to the heater grate which had burned and stuck to the grate. I realized that's what I was smelling, and then I noticed Megan's special blanket thrown behind the recliner in a pile with a black spot on it. Actually it wasn't a spot, it was a hole. Yep, she burned a hole right in the middle of her blanket - she must have put it right by the heater and left it there. So, that blanket is now a gonner. I guess she'll have to adopt another one of my blankets to be hers (HE HE HE - that blanket actually started out as mine, but at one point she decided it was hers...which it became from then on).

No comments: