Friday, March 2, 2012

Love Day


It's now March, so I figure I should probably get some February blogging done. I usually don't do much decorating for any holiday (except Christmas, of course), but I saw some cute (and easy) ideas online, plus I made a wreath at a craft class that my friend does, so I got fairly festive for Valentine's Day. We don't make too big of a deal, but we do do a little celebrating: heart shaped french toast, heart shaped sandwiches in lunches, making and decorating heart sugar cookies, little valentines for the kids, Sean brings the girls a couple of roses (and a dozen for me) and he brings a little toy for the boys, little Valentines treats and notes for Sean from me, Valentine's Day parties at school for all the kiddos, etc. Megan had a performance at her preschool (she really sang out) and then they made banana splits. Fun times. I know there are lots of people that are cynical about such a commercial holiday, but I see it as just another fun excuse to do little things to show love for the people we care about.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It's good to see someone else keeps their bouncer on the counter too. :)