Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Party Time

Yesterday was Caelan's birthday party with friends. It was lots of fun: water slide, snow cones, fruit skewers, water balloons, the "donut game", cupcakes and friends (9 kids that came). We splurged on the water slide, but it was a HUGE hit (hours of entertainment). After everyone went home I even went out and took a turn. Overall it was a great success...and now I know why my Mom didn't do big birthday parties for us every year (we always celebrated as a family and could have a friend or two over, but the huge bashes were limited to only a few times for each of us)....They are a bunch of work. And I didn't even feel like I was going crazy or anything (it's just all the little things that really add up). I think I was on my feet getting ready from 8 to 1 (when it started) and then through the entire party (1 to 3:30) and then another couple hours taking stuff down and cleaning up. But Caelan LOVED it - so it was worth every minute.










(I was so preoccupied that I only applied sunscreen once to the kiddos. Poor Caelan and Ben are a little "rosy" today - it's not too bad, but I'm usually crazy with the sunscreen so they NEVER get sunburned. Now, they know why....)

No comments: