Monday, June 28, 2010

Christmas every Monday

So, the collection of stuffed animals in our house is getting slightly ridiculous (and we don't ever buy any (unless the kids buy one at a garage sale with their own money) - we somehow just accumulate them). I go through the stash regularly to thin it out, and yet it just grows and grows...and each one is "special" to one of the kids (so the soft side in me can't just load a garbage bag full and toss them, as much as I would like to). So I came up with a new idea. We have plant shelves in all of the bedrooms, so I put all of their stuffed animals on their plant shelf. I let them choose a handful of animals each Monday that they want to play with that week. All the rest stay on the shelf until the next Monday, and then I pull out the ladder and they can choose new ones for that week (and put the others back). So, now I'm not constantly finding stuffed animals EVERYWHERE...plus the kids think it's Christmas time each Monday when they get to have new animals for that week. It's a WIN-WIN.

3 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Really really really good idea! I am going to remember this one to pass on to my kids when this happens to them! I still have plastic bins full of stuffed animals that Rachel just isn't ready to get rid of! What is it about stuffed animals! hahaha!

Janelle said...

That is a really great idea!

CamilleJohnFam said...

Such a great idea! Isn't it amazing how quickly they accumulate!