Monday, October 6, 2008

Nathan Michael Dick





Our little guy has arrived. Actually he was born on September 25 at 3:20 AM. He was 7 lbs 13 oz and 20.7 inches long. He had a perfectly round head and was just beautiful (you know how some babies can look when they first come out - he wasn't squished or bruised or anything - just perfect). I started having contractions at home at about 6:30 PM the night before (actually it was during the presidents speech to the nation about the economic bailout - I guess that just put me over the edge...HE HE HE). They weren't too hard, but they were getting pretty consistent, so we went into the hospital at 11:30 PM. I was only dialated to a 3 (which was a little ridiculous), but I progressed to a 5 within an hour. They admitted me and gave me some IV pain medication, which took the edge off for a little while. After an hour or so, it seemed to wear off, but I was too close to delivering for them to give me anything else, so I just did the rest on my own. YIKES! At least it didn't take too terribly long, and when it was time to push, he was out in about 2 pushes. Then he ate for almost a full hour - I was shocked, but he just kept on eating. Overall, it went just fine, and I was/am so happy to not be pregnant anymore. And I thought it was very thoughtful of him to come a day early. So nice! The great thing about natural deliveries is that the recovery is so quick and easy. I felt great the next day (except that I was a little tired from being up all night). And my overall recovery has been the best so far. He is a good little baby. He really only cries when he needs something, and then he is pretty content. The kids just LOVE him to pieces. Caelan and Ben are always wanting to hold him and kiss him. It's very cute.



4 comments:

Jessica said...

You look wonderful and all without drugs you are a trooper!

Adams Family said...

Yeah, I've been waiting to hear if you had had him yet. I loved having Hy natural, after the fact. Congratulations.

JR said...

Congratulations!!!! He is so handsome, and you look great too!! Glad to hear the delivery went well and everyone in home and healthy. Give him a kiss for us!!!
Oh, and I love the name!

Carol said...

What a beautiful baby! And I loved the updated pictures of your other cute kiddos too, though the tree picture brought back too many memories of my boys! Hope to see you and Sean soon! Love, Aunt Carol