Monday, October 27, 2008

Ohhh, Sweet Music


So my family came up a couple of weekends ago to see the new baby, and they brought along with them a very fantastic gift - our upright piano. Yes, this baby is old, but it works just dandy (all the keys are functional and it is tuned). I LOVE IT! I have always wanted a piano, but we have never even been serious about looking for one because we didn't have our own house. Now that we do, it was perfect timing for my family to be getting rid of our old one because we were happy to take it off of their hands for free. Sean got me a nice keyboard a couple of years ago for Christmas (which has been great), but when I sat down to the piano, I was reminded of the difference. LOVE IT! Plus, it reminds me of lots of wonderful memories with my Mom, so it's even more special.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Your mom was such a wonderful and sweet woman. I am so happy you have a great memory of her sitting there in the form of a piano- that's really special. When we buy our first house, we have Cory's grandmother's grand wanting for a proper home. One day. Enjoy your new joy!

Jessica said...

Oh how I remember that piano and being in the house while your mom taught lessons. It is amazing how something so simple can warm a heart. I have to tell you that there are times when I am sitting in this house doing something that I would normally not do i.e. baking cinnamon rolls or sewing a halloween costume that I feel like I am channeling my inner Julie. I know it is in me any way but something about being in this house your house makes it diffrent.