Monday, August 1, 2011

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

How does your garden grow?

Here is my first attempt at a garden. It seems like we have always either just moved in (too late to plant) or knew we would be moving by the time we would start to harvest...so I've never gotten around to it. This year, I secretly thought, "Maybe if I plant we will stay." Anyway, I got my little plot planted the first week of June. I have already picked a pepper (not bell pepper - more like a chili) and one tomato. I picked these treasures today. My yellow squash plant is growing out of control (that is the plant next to Ben in the pictures).

I have lots and lots of tomatoes on my plants that are just waiting to turn red. My cucumber plants are starting to finally grow, and I have a handful of zucchinis and peppers that are getting closer and closer to being ready. Can't wait. It's so fun.

2 comments:

Robert and Ashley said...

oh so fun!! I would love a garden, but i'm not very good at keeping things alive and the heat here in AZ is just too much right now. I will plant some stuff later when it cools down. So exciting for you!!

CamilleJohnFam said...

Love the garden! It got a bit neglected this year and the heat has taken it's toll too! So, I'm glad you are reaping benefits from yours! Way to have your whole house clean! I'm working very hard at it! It is nice to not have to clean all day because you were efficient!