Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Things

1) I'm so impressed with myself - I haven't purchased or eaten ice cream in three weeks (that's a real accomplishment for me). I was having a real "treat" craving the other day, so I made whole wheat peanut butter fingers (YUM).

2) It seems like I feel more and more thankful for my Mom everyday. Currently it is in regard to laundry - to keep up on laundry for 9 people (WOW). There are 6 in my house, and I could spend an entire day each week getting it done.

3) I am amazed at how much Caelan (my 5 year old) LOVES sour cream. The other day she was eating it straight from the carton.

4) I'm still reveling in my victory over Sean in racquetball last week (the first time ever). After over a year I'm finally getting better.

5) Doesn't it stink when your little ones are sick? I hate when there is absolutely nothing you can do to make them feel better. Poor Mega has been laying around for two days now.

6) I've been trying new wheat bread recipes (I'm trying to take advantage of my wheat). The last batch was really pretty good - I will master this thing someday.

7) I'm getting a little itch to write - I'm not sure what, but something.

8) I'm pretty surprised at how much I enjoy playing Mario Kart with Sean and Caelan. I don't even mind just watching them play - it's fairly entertaining.

9) I sure hope there are good job prospects in CA. Sean and Ben are there right now checking things out. We've pretty much given up on finding anything good here in Kingman. Does this mean another move for us????? Oh Man!

10)I LOVE doing our taxes. I get excited about finding new ways to write off income, or make deductions (especially this year when we've have paid bunches of dollars in house interest), etc. It makes me giddy when I see the refund number rise. Love it!

10 comments:

Adams Family said...

I agree with every point mentioned. I will feel bad if you have to move so soon after fixing up that house. I too love to do taxes for the same reason, it isn't even the money, it is just figuring it all out.

Jamie said...

I already spend a whole day a week doing laundry for 4! You'll have to share your favortie bread recipes. I gave up after 2 loaves! :)

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear that Sean is still job hunting. Jeremiah has pretty much lost his job also. He filed for unemployment last week and we are just in limbo while he job hunts. I tyr every day to come up with new ways to save money and be resourceful but things are tough. Not sure what is next. That tax return sure does sound great right about now!

Carol said...

Reading your post today, I felt like I could have been reading your mom's words -- you remind me so much of her! Especially with item #5 on your list. I would be feeling sorry for myself if my kids were sick, but instead you (like your mom) care more about their comfort than your inconvenience. I hope Sean finds a great job! We love you!

shawna henrie said...

ok, i want your recipe for the whole wheat peanut butter things...they sound wonderful. and yes, your mom is amazing. i think of her often, and find myself asking myself, "what would julie do?" then i know. i got a nice letter from charity. soooo cute.

Us said...

Hey Tera... it's Kristy Kasper (Gregory). Sams wife. I will be happy to include you in my private blog list but I need your email address. You can email it to me at kjeang@yahoo.com.

Thanks! Cute family.

JAB said...

hey, awesome, I did not know you guys had a blog. Cool, well have to add you to our list to keep in touch. Sorry, we never called, all this business of moving and having a baby takes a lot of time. I hope you had a good time in Cali. we are finally going to our new destination tomorrow and will have to call as soon as we can.
Thank you for being good friends.

jamie said...

hey tera i didnt know you had a blog either, arent they addicting?! ;)

Lacey said...

Tera! I found your blog! YAY! I heard you're going to have my little terror over at your house for a bit today. Good luck! ;) Let me know how it goes.

Unknown said...

HI TERA!!! Oh my gosh how are you doing! Thanks for the comment, I haven't tried the peanut butter ones...maybe I will try those next time...id love the recipe if you have it?! my email is aareanjergensen@hotmial.com Thanks Tera! your family is just beautiful!