Friday, August 22, 2008

What a Morning!

We were already to walk out the door this morning to take Caelan to school - everyone was in the car, and I got in and turned the key...Nothing. Yep, the battery was dead. I thought, "No big deal, we can just take the Galaxy (our old faithful)" but I went out to it and found the tire completely flat. So then I called Sean, but didn't get an answer. I figured I was just going to have to get her to school without a motorized vehicle. The bike sounded better than walking. I went to hook up the bike trailer, and wouldn't you know...my bike tires were flat. At least those are easy to pump right up. So I pumped them up and then biked to Caelan's school. It's really not too far at all, but let's keep in mind I am 8 months pregnant (I stayed on all the low traffic streets for safety) and I had Caelan in the bike seat behind me, and Ben and Megan were in the trailer in the back. The sun was up and shining, and that little ride wore me out. Caelan was late for school, but at least we got her there (the kids actually thought the whole thing was pretty great). Sean came home to jump start the car about an hour and a half ago. I just got in it to go to the doctor and the blasted thing was dead again (I guess we didn't drive it around enough to get the battery charged). AHHHH! Good thing his work is pretty close by - he's running home again to get me jump started. We're going to make it through this day - I just know it.

4 comments:

Rob said...

That's funny, I forgot you were pregnant and I was impressed with the biking before that, then when I pictured you 8 months along I got a good chuckle.

Amy

Rob said...

Uh, really this is Amy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'd say that WAS quite the morning!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.