Friday, August 15, 2008

I LOVE THE OLYMPICS



Yep - it's that time....the 16 days every couple of years where I am attached to my TV (at least during Prime Time hours). I like the Winter Games, but I LOVE the summer games (I am much more interested in the events of the summer games). I've really been trying to do a lot of stuff during the day so then I don't feel so guilty when I'm sitting like a bump on a log on my couch for hours on end at night watching the games. How about that Girls All Around Gymnastics competition last night or the Mens 4X100 Freestyle swim relay or May and Walsh controlling the beach volleyball arena or track and field (Saturday - here we come)? I love it! And my husband is just so wonderful about my slight obsession. He enjoys the games as well, but not quite to my crazy level...and yet each night he doesn't mind when I turn on the TV and watch sports until late into the night (while he often falls asleep on the floor) - what a guy!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have all the Olympics being recorded on our DVR, so my poor family is subjected to hours and hours of Olympics, even when I don't have time during the actual showing. At least they can accidently lean on the remote and fast forward some of it while I am not looking.....