Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Early Summer Surprise


YIKES! We had a serious heat wave this past weekend. It broke the 100 degree mark (actually by 4 degrees). We were HOT! I had a goal not to turn on the air conditioner before June, but with a spike like that, I just couldn't resist (I only had to run it for 2 and a half days, so that's not too bad). The first day it didn't seem to be working very well. But after running the fan all night long, I turned the AC on again the next day, and fabulous cold air was pouring out. Maybe it just needed a day or two to warm up (it probably hasn't been run in a year or so). One of our favorite treats in the summer is watermelon (seriously, the entire fan is almost obsessive)....and I must admit, I am a pretty good watermelon picker. I picked a DELICIOUS one this week; crisp and sweet and juicy. Oh, I couldn't stop putting pieces into my mouth. The temperature dropped 20+ degrees today into the 70's (PERFECTION) and is supposed to get even cooler this weekend. We are heading out of town to Duck Creek Village, UT (outside of Cedar City) where the highs are supposed to be in the 40's. I guess I'll be hunting down the winter and snow clothes before we leave. I'll post some pictures on our return. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments: