Monday, April 7, 2008

Library


We love to take advantage of our local library, especially the children's programs that they offer. They have a fun story time every week (3 different times to choose from) which my kids love. They hear stories and sing songs and shake eggs and dance around. About 4 times a year they have a fun craft project to do as well. After story time the kids love to stay and play with the puzzles and puppet theater. This month the library is joining with In and Out Burger and offering an incentive for reading. Kids 4 years old and older can participate. They read five books (or have 5 books read to them) and then they get a certificate for a free hamburger or cheeseburger. They can get a total of 3 certificates. Caelan cashed in her reading sheet for 2 certificates today, and there was no talking her out of going straight to In and Out for her "free hamburger."

1 comment:

lani said...

Tera - I so love reading your blogs. Makes me feel like I am not missing out on absolutely everything!! reading about the kids cracks me up and makes me miss them terribly. Can't wait to see you all in May!! Pass around some hugs and kisses from Aunt Lani for me!