Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Day of Ascension Mom!



Today is the 4th anniversary since my Mom went "home"to her Heavenly Father. My brother and sister started referring to it as her "Day of Ascension" and it has just kind of stuck - it seems like an appropriate way to remember the day. As I was thinking about her today, I just wanted to write a little note in honor of someone who means so much to me. A few weeks ago I went to the YW General Broadcast (where the leaders of the Young Women of the church speak to all of the young women). Sis. Tanner gave a wonderful talk and spoke about her own mother's influence on her. She said, "I am the product of a righteous young woman who stood 'steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works.'" That is exactly how I feel. I am so grateful for her faith, courage, service, patience, diligence, commitment to truth, testimony and love. As a mother I have come to understand much more the sacrifices she made in my behalf, and I don't think I told her "thanks" enough (although, I think she probably knows how I feel). I am so thankful for the gospel and the eternal perspective it gives us on this life. I feel so blessed to KNOW that I will see her again. I love you MOM! Happy Day of Ascension!

7 comments:

The Max Family said...

Tera :)
I cried tears of such great memories of your mom when I saw this post. I remember playing at your home as a young child and your mom was a blessing to so many I will always remember her and her love!! Thank you for sharing her with me in my life!

Kelly Sims-Max

Anonymous said...

You said it well, Kelly (you probably don't even remember who I am). I have so many great memories of your mom, most of them revolving around the piano. She was so patient, soft spoken, and kind. And what a fitting title for this day, day of ascension. Perfect.

Natalie Kingston-Baldwin

Jessica said...

It is hard to live in this home, your childhood home and not have memories or your mom flash before me. Last night one of the neighbor kids was selling soup and for some reason it reminded me of your mom's wheat bread that you kids used to sell and give to the neighbors. This home is full of happy memories for me and has always felt like a second home. your mom made it that way. I will always speak of her with the utmost respect and admiration. She was like a second mom and I thank you my dear friend not only for sharing this day but so many of those last days with us.

JR said...

We all loved your Mom. She was such kind lady, and I always saw a smile on her face. You can tell she loved her family above all else in the world- she did a good job raising them too! :) I still think of her and miss her often. :)

The Max Family said...

Tera, Jessica had baby Landon Thatcher Wilson at 4:41 pm on Thursday the 17th of April. He is 7 lbs 6oz 20 inches and dark hair.Mom and baby are doing well you can check my blog in the next few days for pictures of him!!!
Kelly Sims- Max

Anonymous said...

Tera,

I have extremely fond memories of your mother. She was always a kind person to me, and I appreciated it even as a child. She is missed.

I hadn't realized she passed away on my birthday. I will think happy thoughts of her for years and years to come.

Miss you.

-Liz Morton

Whit said...

I love your mom... she was and is amazing... thank you for this entry.