Monday, April 1, 2013

Color Run

I bought a living social deal for a Color Run back a few months ago. I knew I would be over 7 months pregnant when the race came around, but I found out kids under 8 years old could run for free, so I thought maybe Ben would run with me. It happened to land on the same day that two of Ben's closest friends were getting baptized. At first he wasn't sure he wanted to come because he really didn't want to miss the baptism, but I think he felt bad that I was going to go by myself and so he came along. I'm so glad he did. We were a good team together. I jogged a lot of the way. I stretched a stomach muscle the week before at soccer practice, so I couldn't really go fast, but my legs and lungs felt great. It was one of those runs where you get squirted with colored powder at several different stations along the path. We were a colored mess when we were done. Since they started the race a little late we had to head straight to the baptism - we didn't have time to go home and shower. Man, some of that color (especially the green) just would not come off. I was leading the music at the baptism and felt a little like the Wicked Witch up there with my green tinted face and neck. We had a great time.

No comments: