Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Know He Lives


I love the Easter Season.
I love that we get to hear from our living prophet and the apostles at General Conference (which always falls around this time).
I love the worshipful music.
But mostly I love the message.
The good news.
The news that the Savior LIVES.
I KNOW that HE lives.
And it's not one of those "I've been taught and I believe" kind of feelings.
It's the "I KNOW like I know the sun will rise" kind of feelings.
I KNOW.
I've received a witness for myself through the Spirit.
The quiet, yet powerful and VERY REAL feelings that confirm in my heart that it is true.
Jesus Christ is my Savior.
He lived a perfect life and showed us the way to follow.
He paid the ultimate price for me - for each of us,
And made it possible for us to overcome both physical and spiritual death,
Providing us the opportunity to return to live with our families and Him and our Father again someday.
He rose from the dead - literally, thereby breaking the bands of death.
So we, too will be resurrected and be with those we love who have passed on.

6 years ago my mom went "home" - to her Heavenly home. It happened on the day we celebrated that year as Good Friday (how appropriate, right? - following the Savior to the very end). I remember sitting in church two days later (Easter Sunday) and having that warm blanket-feeling come over me, and I knew. I had always had a testimony of the resurrection, but at that moment, I KNEW it. I knew because Jesus Christ had overcome death that so could my mom and so would I. We would be together again. It wasn't just a hope or a belief - it was truth sinking deep, deep into my soul. Each Easter time I get to feel that reminder, the Spirit whispering again to my heart that it is true.
I Know that HE Lives!

1 comment:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Thank you for that wonderful testimony! My mom just died the Monday before Easter. I too sat listening to the cpnference talks on Sunday morning and felt those same feelings. How thankful I am "TO KNOW". I hope our moms are getting to visit with one another. My mom always loved your mom!