Monday, March 4, 2013

Hair Cut Time

Austin fits right in with the rest of our full-haired children (Megan is the only one with just a regular amount of hair - all the rest have bunches of hair). Ben and Nathan both have straight hair so I have always kept their hair cut pretty short, but Austin's hair is more like Sean and Caelan's with some wave to it. We thought we would let it grow out a little longer because the curl and wave was pretty darn cute. After a while though, it was just too much. His hair was wild. It was super cute when it was combed with the little curl around the base of the neck, but after a while it would just start getting in his face. Plus, this little dude loves to rub his hands through his hair - especially during meal times (YIKES). Finally I decided it had to be cut. The last time I gave him a hair cut (last Fall) he HATED it so much that I cut it much shorter than I wanted (partly because he was moving so much and partly so that I wouldn't have to do it again for a super long time). This time I didn't even pull out the clippers - that's what freaked him out so badly last time. I just did everything with scissors. He actually did quite well. Towards the end he had had it and started shaking his head back and forth every time I tried to get a section of hair, but we managed to get through the whole thing without any hysteria. YAY! Hair cuts on little baby boys age them so much so fast and even though this wasn't as short as I cut it before, he still looked about three months older as soon as I was done....but awfully cute too!

No comments: