Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dirty Dash 2012


On Saturday I ran in the Dirty Dash - a 3.5 miles mud run. I ran with three other friends, which was super fun. The weather was actually a little chilly, but once we got moving I didn't notice it.... until we showered off afterwards and then I was COLD. The race was great - mud pits to run through and climb out of, walls to climb over, water slides, tubes to crawl through, etc. I went back later for the kids to do the Piglet Plunge (just one mile with a few of the pits and obstacles). Ben loved it. Megan was totally fascinated and slightly obsessed with picking the dried mud off, and Nathan was pretty much over it after the second mud pit (it took some convincing and carrying to get him through it...HE HE HE). Good times. I haven't done any kind of race in years and this definitely got me itching to do another one.




We didn't rinse off very well after the kids race - it was already drying (which I thought might be a better condition to drive home in), but then we had to rinse off before we showered.

1 comment:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

How fun! That will be a great memory for your kids!!