Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Little of This and A Little of That

I've been meaning to record a few little things, and now it seems that there are more than just a few, so here is a list of randomness:

*Caelan has become a serious fan of Taylor Swift. I hear "Love Story" and "Our Song" and "You Belong With Me" multiple times every day (plus others). And she really belts them out. The other day I took her and her friend, Tessa, to dance. I came in a couple of minutes after they did and noticed that their dance teacher and all the girls were sitting on a bench. I looked through the window and saw Caelan and Tessa in front of the class singing, "Love Story" a capella to their dance class.
*Sean went to an Elders Quorum activity last weekend to a shooting range. He had a blast shooting targets and clay pigeons. It made his itch for owning a gun grow.....but I'm not sold. HE HE HE.
*Caelan got her first hit at her baseball game a week ago. She made it safely to first base and her hit brought in a runner (their team's first score of the season). I was a screaming, crazy parent. It was so fun!
*One of my favorite things is watching Ben get up to bat (he is playing tee-ball). He looks out to find me and smiles, and half the time he gives me a thumbs up before he gets to the plate. I love it!
*Caelan bore her testimony in church two Sundays ago. It was her first time ever. She likes to share her testimony during Family Home Evening, and it was sweet to see her desire to get up and share it with everyone. I love those moments - when you know the stuff that you've been teaching is really making a difference.
*Nathan has recently adopted all "tooting" noises as his own. Whenever anyone (anywhere) toots, he immediately says, "That's me," and smiles. Where do they get this stuff?
*I got released from serving in the Nursery at church and got called to be in the Primary Presidency. Nursery and then this have been my first experiences in Primary...and I am loving it. It's so fun to spend time with the young kids every Sunday and listen to them sing and hear their sweet comments.
*I am feeling like an official "soccer mom" these days (just without the soccer). I have kid activities going on almost every day. I've been pretty careful about trying not to over-schedule us (I'm not a fan of running crazy all the time), but with this baseball season there have been practices and games (on different days and times every week), plus the one class of dance that Caelan is in, plus the one class of gymnastics that Megan is in, plus mutual and scout activities that Sean is involved with, plus piano lessons (I teach Caelan and Ben myself). It's fun to see them learn and have fun with their activities, but I'm kind of looking forward to a little break in the summer. I'm thinking this is kind of what my life will be like for the next......lots of years. I feel so lucky that I get to be involved (that I'm home with the kids and have a chance to run them here and there on some days and work with them on homework in the afternoon and spend other days just hanging out at home and go to their games and school events). It's a great job!
*This is one of the kids' favorite Family Home Evening activities (or anytime activities for that matter).

2 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

You are such a good mom Tara! I know your mom is very proud of you! Keep up the great work!

Jamiecrafts said...

congrats on the new calling, how fun :)