Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


At the end of January I flew up to Portland, OR (all by myself) and spent the weekend with some of my favorite people in the world - The Uppers (roommates from college). Five of us were able to make it together (coming from AZ, NM, TX, Washington DC) to Jamie's house in Washington. We spent one day driving along the Columbia River Gorge and stopping at the all the waterfalls. Beautiful! The next day we walked around downtown Portland (Powell's City of Books - a bookstore covering an entire city block and walked along the waterfront and got dessert at Papa Haydn's - Delish) and stopped at the temple to walk around. But the best part was just catching up and being together. These girls are fantastic. You know you have a solid friendship when you can come together after a few years without seeing each other and just pick right back up.




Sean held down the fort while I was gone. They had so much fun I think the kids will be excited for the next time I am out of town: donuts for breakfast, trip to the zoo, getting corn dogs on the way home and staying up late watching movies. My husband is so GREAT!







PS. In our nine year of marriage I can think of maybe 2 or 3 times either of us have gone on a trip alone without the other or the family (that wasn't work-related), so it's super odd that we happened to have two within a week.

No comments: