Monday, January 24, 2011

Bargain Books

Ben brought home one of those Scholastic Book Orders a couple of weeks ago. He really had his heart set on getting a couple of the books (one about mammals and one about sharks). So we finally got around to ordering online, and Ben was deciding on which book he wanted more. One was $4 and one was $5. He debated and debated and debated. Then I suggested that maybe we could go to the store on the weekend and he would be able to get more books for the same price (I was thinking of a thrift store, of course - it's a great place to get books). So, on Saturday morning he reminded me first thing. We headed to the Salvation Army and they just happened to be having a book bag sale ($3 for a brown bag of books). I think we ended up with 41 books (lots of kids books: easy readers, picture and juvenile chapter books, and also a couple other chapter books). Ben was thrilled!!


*I hear there is a thrift store in the next town that sells their kids books for $.10 all the time. That's a real steal.

2 comments:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

I love used books! I buy them on Amazon all the time! Ben learned a great lesson in how to get more for your money!

Jenny said...

That's awesome! We got so many books at the Rexburg DI-- I should check out the Goodwill here.