Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turkey Day Crafts

I am currently serving in the Nursery in our ward (it's the first time I've ever served in Primary...and I really like it). So I've paid extra close attention to cute, simple craft ideas that I see. I saw these two things for Thanksgiving and knew that it would be fun for both Nursery and my own kids.

Aren't these little Oreo Cookie Turkeys so cute? And after the frosting dries they actually stay together really well. They are made with Oreo cookies, a peanut butter cup, a whopper, candy corns, a tiny piece of pull-apart Twizzlers (for the gobbler)and frosting.

And we made these little turkey hand print thank-you cards. My kids wanted to make some too...to take to their teachers at school. (The eyes are both "googly" eyes - the camera flash just makes them look a little crazy).

1 comment:

shawna henrie said...

LOVE nursery...my favorite calling, period. and as i recall, its your dads too!!