Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You're Playing So Cool.....

This weekend we went down to Murrieta to see Kyra (my youngest sister) perform in her high school musical, Footloose. It was so fun, and can I just say that my sister ROCKS! She played the part of Rusty, and she did fabulous (she's so darn talented). I've never seen that movie or play before - it has some great music. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
We also had a nice barbeque with Grandpa Sorensen, Dale, Debbie, Kent, Carol, Scott and Shelley and the rest of the regular gang.
Mother's Day I was served breakfast in bed: crepes, berries and and orange julius (DELISH). Sean got me a new IPOD nano(I seriously have struggles keeping these things - the screen on my last one broke which costs almost as much as a brand new one to replace). I've been running every night and wearing Sean's big one around my arm (this one is so much lighter - NICE). We went to the cemetery and put some flowers at my mom's grave and just sat and enjoyed some time there. Then the boys (my dad and Sean and my brothers) made us dinner than night. It was a delightful day. I feel so lucky to have a wonderful husband who always makes this holiday so special for me. I also feel so blessed to have a wonderful mother who truly taught me about the things that really matter in this life (and she did it with such grace), an amazing mother-in-law who is such an example of righteousness and accepted me just like another daughter in the family, and a fantastic step mom who has taken me and all of the rest of our big Sorensen clan into her heart with all of the love and concern and care of a mother. There are a lot of people in this world who are lucky to have a close relationship with one mom, and I am lucky enough to have this with three moms, and for that I am thankful! I also have to mention what an amazing experience it is to be a mother myself. I have learned more about love through having children than by any other way (and I mean love for them as well as an increased love for my husband and other members of my family and my Heavenly Father as well). They are perfect for me and I'm grateful that they have been entrusted to my care here on earth.

1 comment:

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Such a beautiful post Tara....thanks for sharing that! You are lucky to have such great women in your life! You are a wonderful example of what they have taught you!