Thursday, February 4, 2010

School Days, School Days


Today was Ben's first day of Preschool. I finally found and got him into a preschool at Mineral King Elementary (Caelan's school). It's right here close to home, which is nice because Ben has the afternoon schedule, which means that my day goes something like this:
8:00 AM - take Caelan to school
11:30 AM - take Ben to school
2:10 PM - pick up Caelan
3:00 PM - pick up Ben
I think I'm going to have Caelan start taking the bus home (but I've been saying that for a couple of weeks now - we'll see if it ever happens).

Anyway, Ben was SO EXCITED to start. We turned the last of our paperwork in yesterday (WOW - the stuff they require these days is CRAZY), and the teacher said that Ben could start today. We got in the car and I said, "Ben you get to go to school tomorrow. Are you excited?" And he said, "Yeah, but I don't have a lunch box." HE HE HE.
He was great - went right in and started interacting with the other kids. When we picked him up this afternoon he told Caelan that "it was as fun as Disneyland." WOW! Now I wanna go.

2 comments:

JAB said...

Go Ben, you rock! Max is at home still, I think we'll wait till he starts kindergaden. We still owe you guys some major babysitting. Wanna come to Utah, we'll watch your kiddos ;)

Jenny said...

I'm glad you guys found a preschool. You'll have to tell me how you end up liking it; I'm still trying to decide where to put Jackson in the fall.