Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lovin' It


I am LOVING the rain. Yes, I realize that the sun is taking a little vacation, but since the rain comes around only once in a while I will take clouded skies for now. Rainy days make me want to get cozy in a blanket and eat popcorn and drink hot chocolate and watch a movie. It's even better when we have a fire going in the fireplace. Love it. The kids like the wet days for another reason - getting to use an umbrella. We've had two umbrellas in our closet probably since we've been married. I never really think to use one - I usually just hurry from my car to warm house or warm store when it's raining. The umbrellas sat there for the first few years even after we had kids, and then one day Caelan and Ben found them and realized what they were (they used to get excited about the character umbrellas in the stores). They were hooked. They will periodically pull them out even during the summer just to open them up and walk around. So just imagine their delight when there is actually a valid reason to use the umbrellas.... and even more so for Caelan because she gets to take one to school to use all my herself. Sometimes they will ask me if they can go outside to play during a storm with the explanation that they will "use their umbrellas." Funny kids. I don't remember loving the umbrellas so much as a kid as I did just jumping in the puddles and coming home after school soaking wet and ready to jump into a hot shower. I think I still might get a kick out of that.

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

I remember wishing I had an umbrella and thinking they were sooooo neat. I love the rain to, and thunder and lighting. Cute post.