Monday, November 23, 2009

Gratitude

I'm Thankful For:
1) The BEST husband ever who is not only a great husband and father, but also my very best friend!!
2) 4 FANSTASTIC kids (Caelan (a genuinely "good" girl and a real blessing as the oldest), Ben (the fun-loving, self-entertained, tender boy), Megan (the animated, energetic, full of personality girl), and Nathan (our smiley, noisy, chubby, irresistible little dude)) - I LOVE THEM TO PIECES!
3) My dad and Andrea and the rest of the fam in Murrieta who so graciously let an extra 6 people crash with them for the past 5 months - we cannot express the gratitude.
4) A huge and wonderful family: The Sorensens, the Taylors, the Dicks, The Grants, the Andersons (I couldn't ask for better)
5) Two (now working) cars that fit all members of our family
6) A home that we have been able to keep and rent out (even though we had to move away) - what a blessing.
7) My ability to see, hear, feel, smell and taste
8) My home in the United States of America - even with its current struggles it is still the land of the free and the home of the brave (and I feel very lucky that I was born here)
9) My talents, and even though I may not be an "expert" at anything, I feel like I can do quite a few different things pretty well
10) Beautiful scenery in this world: mountains, oceans, forests, even desert landscapes
11) The gospel of Jesus Christ, a living prophet, the scriptures, the temples and the covenants we make there, the programs of the church that help to teach us and our children, ward families and so much more.
12) The knowledge of the Plan of Salvation: that I will be able to see dear loved ones that have past on again someday, and that I will be able to be with my family for eternity
13) Delicious food (especially fresh fruit and ice cream)
14) Education: both the education my kids are able to receive (that so many other countries don't have) and also for the education Sean and I have received that enable us to supplement and challenge our kids even more
15) Good health
16) A happy childhood
17) Family vacations
18) Little things like air conditioners, heaters, toilet paper, feminine products, soap, vacuum cleaners, blenders, microwaves, binkies, strollers etc, etc that make life just a little easier
19) Technology and the ability to stay connected with so many friends and family members that I otherwise wouldn't keep as in touch with
20) The seasons: I love them all in their time throughout the year
21) Good music and books and movies
22) Our big, huge bed (even though it is a pain to move) - it makes for a great nights sleep
23) Holidays and decorating for them
24) My ability to walk and run and hike and climb
25) Dear friends
26) Sean's new job and that he is enjoying it
27) A loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers
28) Libraries (a free place to get books - who thought of that?? GENIUS)
29) Hair (I like my own hair and I also quite enjoy my girls' hair and doing it every day)
30) The Savior, Jesus Christ, who makes all these other great blessings possible!

4 comments:

CamilleJohnFam said...

It's fun to read everyone's list!...I concur with all points listed especially the BIG bed! i love our king sized! I don't think I could ever down size! :)

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Ditto- those were all such good things to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

JAB said...

Amen to that.

Unknown said...

love this list! Thanks for sharing. and I love that you read Christmas Jars again! :-) isn't such a good little read?!?!