Thursday, September 24, 2009

Love This Place



So this week is what our Stake calls "Offering in Righteousness Week." It is a week in which we are all encouraged to consider what would be a "sacrifice" for our individual families and then spend that amount of time in the temple (a whole day if we can). So, yesterday we spent the day at the San Diego Temple (9 and a half hours)...and it was WONDERFUL! My teenage brothers and sisters were kind enough to watch all my kiddos for the day (they rock). It was a great day of service and worship in the temple. I went yesterday with some things on my mind and a prayer in my heart over certain things, and I just felt such a peace. I am so thankful to have temples on the earth today, a place where we can go and really feel the Spirit of the Lord. Also Sean had an interview with a member of the Temple presidency and both he and my dad were set apart as ordinance workers (they will serve every Thursday morning). Sean and I did that back when we were first married for a year. We went to the Provo temple every Saturday night. It was definitely one of the best memories/experiences of our early married years.

3 comments:

jamie said...

I AM SO jealous. thats where james and i were sealed :)

Craw papa said...

What a great experience and SO nice of your siblings to watch the kids.

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

We just got back from the Temple. We left Thursday morning after getting Rachel off to seminary- after the temple we went and stayed at a hotel and then got up to do sealings and 1 more session before coming home. It was a wonderful experience and I relate to exactly what you said!