Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Birthday Fun


I turned 28 this month. Holy Smokes. Only two more years before I hit the big 3-0! My actual birthday was pretty mellow. I had a delicious Brownie Sundae (which is making my mouth water as I write this post). Then two days later we got two free tickets to Six Flags Magic Mountain from my dad, so Sean and I spent a fun day at the amusement park. I used to go there often when I was a teenager, and I would ride the roller coasters over and over again. I went again a couple of years ago (it had probably been 9 years or so since I had last een) and I realized that my stomach isn't quite as strong as it used to be. I got sick three times while I was there. This time was better. I was actually happy to stand in some of the lines - it helped settle my tummy down before getting on the next ride. I made it the whole day feeling great (just one time that I realized it had been too long since I had eaten, so I did and I was fine). Man, those rides have come a long way since I was a teenager - lots of fun. We had a blast, and it was especially nice to have a day together with my husband (just him and me). Thanks Honey for a wonderful birthday date with my favorite person!

3 comments:

Craw papa said...

Happy Birthday! You are yet-so very young! I turn 32 this next month! That age always seemed so old! I'm glad you had a good time! Are you moved? Did the house sell in Kingman?

jamie said...

WOHOO sounds like you had a great day, i am so glad you got to spend some time with just you and Sean after being apart for so long I bet it was much needed :)

shawna henrie said...

yay, you are in california! when my pool is finished we will have a bbq with everyone...would love to see you and all your kiddles!!