Monday, March 10, 2008

A Kid-Less Weekend

Sean and I just spent the past 3 days alone, just the two of us. Sean's parents and sister, Lindsay took the kids for the weekend. I met them halfway on Friday at around noon, and I picked them up at the same time today. The primary purpose was so that Sean and I could do LOTS of work on the house on Saturday (last Sat. we attempted to get all sorts of things accomplished, but all the kids had had it after about half a day - and I can't totally blame them). So, they went to play at Grandma and Grandpa Dicks house while we worked. I have to admit, we did get a lot more done. It was so weird to be at church on Sunday with no kids to wrestle with during Sacrament meeting, and I think maybe I forgot how fast you can run errands when you don't have little feet running every which way in the store. We were definitely missing them by the time today came, but MAN, was it a nice break (a little recharging of the battery). They are home safe and sound, and it feels a little more "normal" around here again.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Are you guys going to be able to go to Utah next week to be there for Austins endowment?

Jessica said...

Will you be in town for Easter??? Love that you got away or well that your kids got away from you for a few days. I haven't mastered that mom seperation yet. One night still makes me nervuos.