Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lots of Projects

Well, we have begun the house improvement adventures. The weekend that we closed on our house, we had a myriad of visitors and helpers meet at the house and begin our projects. My Dad and Andrea and family came down from CA to help out as well as a couple of Sean's coworkers plus my aunt and uncle from Boulder City (thanks to all). We got wallpaper removed, popcorn ceiling scraped off, the brick planter beaten out, carpet pulled out, the bathroom taped and ready for paint and the cement floor leveled and prepared to lay the wood floor. Since then we have put in about half of the wood floor, filled all the nail holes throughout the house, painted both bathrooms and textured the ceilings in all the bedrooms. I never have quite as much time at the house as I would like (the kids hang out for a while, but then they get tired of being there without their toys and are ready to go home). I try to work for a couple hours a day. I am heading over today to paint the bedroom ceilings (oh, my arms are definitely getting a workout these days) and putting one more coat of paint on the master bathroom. Caelan has been asking me every day when she can paint her bedroom, so I am trying to get the ceiling done in there so that we can get the paint up in her room. She's excited to help out. I'm also hoping that we can make some more headway on the wood floor on Saturday (really the only day in the week that Sean can work on the house). It's pretty fun - lots of work, but fun to see it change.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome to blogging! You're kids are just the cutest! I love all your projects! I need to make my way out west so I can see all these adorable kids! Love ya! Red

Unknown said...

Hey Tera!
So great to welcome you to the blogging world! Isn't it fun?! Okay, the house sounds great! What fun to have so many projects! You need to post pictures of what you're doing to the house! The entries of your kids are adorable! I'm so excited to keep tabs on your darling family!